Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cookie Bouquet

I tried making Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing a few months back and it was an epic fail. Well, not really... let's just say that I'm not friends with Royal Icing (read: I have no success in making them). Somebody help!

Good news is I've met Cookie Glaze. No need for egg whites. Just powdered sugar, corn syrup and milk. The recipe looks simple enough so I tried. It was a success this time, yes!!! Actually, I think I did well in decorating my flower and round-shaped sugar cookies that I was inspired to put them into a bouquet.



I gave this one to my godson Ethan (his parents enjoyed them..hehe)


Sugar Cookie Cut-outs
recipe adapted from yourhomebasedmom

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 tbsp milk or cream
2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Beat together butter and sugar
Add eggs, milk and vanilla/almond extract. Beat until light and fluffy.
Mix in dry ingredients. Mix well.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
Roll on well-floured surface.
Cut and bake on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 9-10 minutes or until light brown on edges.
Cool and frost.


Cookie Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp whipped cream or milk
1-2 tbsp corn syrup
food color

Combine powdered sugar, milk/cream and corn syrup in a bowl.
Divide into bowls before adding desired food color in each bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment