Monday, May 9, 2011

Cinnamon Pancakes

My 4-yr old daughter Maxine and I made pancakes this morning. It was supposed to be your usual pancake topped with maple syrup but I was inspired to give it a twist. I added some cinnamon powder on the batter and made cream cheese frosting to go with it. Wow!!! It's the best pancake ever! Tastes like cinnamon roll. I love cinnamon roll so much (but I hate rolling the dough, urg!). This needs no rolling, so perfect for me! It's very simple to make and so yummmm! Even Maxine agrees. It's now our favorite pancake recipe :)

Cinnamon Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp maple syrup

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together then mix into the dry ingredients just until blended.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden.


Cream Cheese Frosting
2 oz Cream Cheese
2-3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients until creamy then spread on top of the pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment